Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mail Art

The current theme at The Three Muses Challenge is Mail Art. I'm reading the Harry Potter books again so that heavily influenced both the style (the American hardcover edition jackets) and the address format (the first envelope from Hogwarts). This envelope (click on the image for a larger view) fits a few other challenges too: Envelope Art at One Powerful Hour, Spicy Supply Challenge - Markers at Gingersnap Creations and Anything Goes at the Stamp Man Challenge. The postage stamps were made in Paint Shop Pro Photo 11 from images found online. The wing and partial heart are colored with Zig Brushables. The calligraphy was done with a Y&C 2mm calligraphy marker. The rubber stamps are from Inque Boutique and Pixie Press plus a third unknown company. I also used a regular date stamp. The envelope was aged with a Tim Holtz Linen color Distress Ink pad. I had a lot of fun with this and it makes a great first post on my new blog!


P.S. Wednesday August 4, 2010 My mailart is jn the Envelope Art Sampler at One Powerful Hour! Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. I always love mail art ... fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fantastic mail art.
    Gorgeous work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I love this one, and especially that fantastic address. Thank you for joining in here at the Muses and I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whimsy of this one! What a great address. So glad you brought your talent (and humor) to our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete